Swim with Water Bombs
Discovered by LogitechSDAZ
It's possible to swim underwater with a water bomb in Link's hands. This leads to two interesting glitches: Replenishing the air meter without surfacing and rocketing to the surface of a body of water. Replenishing air underwater makes it possible to beat Morpheel and Zant's Lakebed phase without ever obtaining the Zora Armor.
Replenishing the air meter (all versions)
- Equip the Iron Boots and sink to the bottom of a body of water.
- Press X or Y to pull out a water bomb and quickly open up the item wheel before Link holds the bomb over his head.
- Assign an item over the Iron Boots button to force them to un-equip, then hold the control stick in any direction.
- Close the item wheel and continue holding the control stick to keep Link moving, as stopping would cause the bomb to fall out of Link's hands with no other effects.
- Link will now be swimming with the water bomb. To replenish the air meter, drop the water bomb with A. Dropping the bomb with any other button will not replenish the air meter.
It is also possible to swim with a water bomb without holding any direction on the control stick. In this case, the player would need to leave the control stick neutral until dropping the water bomb with A in order to avoid Link automatically dropping it with no effect on the air meter.
Rocket Link (all versions)
Performing the above trick but pressing A to drop the water bomb immediately after Link pulls it out will cause Link to teleport to the surface of the body of water he is in.
Last updated 07/15/2022