If you activate a cutscene in mid-air while above water, you will fall through the water. There are several ways to do this.
Using An Enemy
Discovered by Kazooie
This method uses Din's Fire, Farore's Wind or Nayru's Love
1. Get near the edge of a water source.
2. Lure an enemy towards you.
3. Right before the enemy hits you, activate a spell.
4. While activating the spell the enemy should push you off the edge and you will fall through the water until the spell ends.
Discovered by Acryte
This method of spell diving is more useful than the previous as you don't need an enemy to push you off the ledge, and therefore can be applied to a wider range of locations.
1. Get on the very edge of a water source
2. Pull out a bomb
3. Shield drop the bomb while holding Z and immediately activate the spell.
4. The bomb will push you off the ledge and you will dive with the cutscene.
Discovered by Dekudude, AKA
Use a cucco's attack cutscene to dive. The easiest way to do this is with ISG and a shielded backflip although you can also do it by jumpslashing a cucco while over water.
- Get ISG
- Pick up a cucco
- Get near a water source and put your back towards it
- Hold Z, press R, and then immediately backflip.
- The angry cucco cutscene will begin and you will fall through the water until the cutscene ends.
Use Hover Boots and a bottled item to dive.
- Equip hover boots and a bottled bugs/fish.
- Get near an edge and dump the bugs/fish.
- Back up off the ledge so that Hover Boots activate then quickly swing your bottle over the bugs/fish to catch it.
- If you caught it in time the Hover Boots should deactivate and you will fall through the water.
Discovered by Kazooie
- Get near a sloped edge that Link cannot stand on (he will fall off the edge if he gets too close to it)
- Move towards the edge and immediately hit the Ocarina button
- You will fall through the water until you stop playing the Ocarina.
Discovered by Swordless Link
- Wait for the Navi icon to appear.
- Stand just on the edge of a body of water that has a ledge you can walk off.
- Press B twice to slash your sword (this will make you fall off backwards and jumpslash back on immediately), or sidehop off a nearby ledge and jumpslash onto the desired one.
- Immediately press C-Up to talk to Navi.
- You should be pulled back off the ledge by the jumpslash and dive with the Navi text.
- Get on the edge of a body of water that has a ledge you can walk off.
- Lure an enemy towards the ledge, or locate an object you can target near the ledge that brings up the Navi icon.
- Backwalk off the ledge and jumpslash.
- Immediately target the enemy or object and talk to Navi
- You should be pulled back off the ledge by the jumpslash and dive with the Navi text. This is more difficult than simply waiting for the Navi icon.
Ocarina Dive out of a hover near a ledge
Discovered by GlitchesAndStuff and Skater
- Obtain ISG and perform a hover near a ledge you can walk on. You must be close enough to the ledge than you can walk towards it in the hover to stick back to the ground.
- Start walking towards the ledge and rapidly press the ocarina button. If done correctly, he will pull out the ocarina, and attempt to stick back to the ground, but he will slide off downwards.
An important thing to note about ocarina diving is that loading areas can be bypassed while in the ocarina state without loading the next area. This is useful in bottom of the well for a method of Bombchus Early
Jumping above Water as a Cutscene starts
This is an easy method of cutscene diving that can be used in a lot of places with water. Simply jump off a ledge so that you are above water as a cutscene starts (such as a crystal switch) and you will fall through the water as the cutscene plays. Some locations this can be used is in the Water Temple whirlpool room to obtain a small key without iron boots or jumping off a ledge in Zora's Domain as the diving minigame ends to get to Lake Hylia without a scale.
With enough downwards speed, you can land on the very edge of a ledge to dive during the death cutscene
Last updated 10/22/2018