Double Unfuse Dupe
A slow but consistent way to dupe any arrow-fusible material.
- At least 2 bows (preferably 3).
- At least one arrow.
- Space behind Link for the dropped bows.
- An item that can be fused to an arrow (note: materials like insects or frogs cannot be attached to arrows, so they cannot be duped using this method).
- Equip any of your bows in the menu, and press ZR to pull out the bow and gain access to the arrow fusing menu.
- Fuse the item you wish to dupe to your arrow.
- Pause the game, drop your equipped bow, and equip a second.
- Here is the timing part of the trick: unpause the game and pause again within 3 frames. If done correctly, you should see the item fused to an arrow in the pause menu.
- Note: the window between pauses seems to be different for different items. If the trick isn't working on a specific item, try lengthening or shortening this window.
- Drop the second bow.
- Optional: If you have a third bow, equip it, repeat step 4, and drop it. While the third bow isn't required for the trick, it does seem to make it more consistent for certain items.
- Note: the third bow will not have the item fused in the pause menu, even with the correct timing.
- Unpause the game and quickly pick up every bow you dropped.
- If done correctly, you should have one more of whatever item was fused onto the arrow.
Multishot bows do not have any effect on this trick; they will act the same as any other bow.
Laggier areas, such as Lookout Landing or the Water Temple, can make the timing easier.
Last updated 10/18/2023