Discovered by Kazooie
Using Bottle Adventure, you can put the SOLD OUT icon (for when you sell a mask) onto your B button. It is notable that putting SOLD OUT on your B button works as a fully functional Master Sword. This is the only item in the game apart from the swords themselves that acts like a sword. Saving the game with SOLD OUT on B causes it to revert back to a Deku Stick when you play again.
The value for SOLD OUT is 44, so with Bottle on B as Adult Link, go back in time, and put an item on C-Right that will point towards a memory address that has a value of 44.
- Get Bottle to B on adult Link.
- Make sure you have 44 Bombchus.
- Go back in time.
- As child Link, put a bottled Poe on C-Right. (Poe is linked to Bombchu Count)
- Go forwards in time.
This puts SOLD OUT on B.
"SOLD OUT" on C as a Child
Discovered by Kazooie, Librari
- As a child, dupe over either a mask or Zeldaâ€™s Letter with a bottle.
- With the bottle still in your hand, equip an item with a value of zeroâ€”for instance either the deku nuts, or deku sticks. Backflip or jump off of a ledge, and before you hit the ground, press the button the bottle is on followed by the button your select item with a value of 0 is on. This will replace your item slot with a bottle.
- Go to the Mask Shop, and trade the mask you dupped over for another. This should be a mask that you have not already sold. This mask will be equipped over the item slot of the 0 value item, essentially creating a â€œfakeâ€ mask. Now you can open up the item menu and equip the true mask slot to one of you C-buttons.
- Now sell the â€œfakeâ€ mask. This will cause your â€œfakeâ€ mask to be erased, and the real one will remain equipped. If you go to the item menu, you should notice that the mask icon has been replaced by â€œSOLD OUTâ€.
- Return to the Temple of Time and use the Master Sword to change from child to adult, and back to child. â€œSOLD OUTâ€ will now be equipped to one of your C-buttons.
Note: This â€œSOLD OUTâ€ icon has all of the same properties as the Master Sword, except it can be used in a number of areas where your normal sword cannot, such as inside houses.
Last updated 10/06/2011