Infinite Sword Glitch
Discovered by TheHeroMX
The Infinite Sword Glitch (commonly abbreviated to "ISG") causes Link's sword to constantly swing. While this can obviously be used against enemies, its side-effects are more interesting: Link's auto-jump is disabled, and he can no longer walk off of ledges. Most importantly, however, is that ISG is the "first step" to hovering, making it one of the most important techniques in Majora's Mask.
- Find an object that Link can interact with (A bomb to "Grab", a sign to "Check", a person with which to "Speak", etc.)
- Perform a crouch stab (hold R and then press B), and then interrupt the stab by pressing A to interact with the object.
- Link should put his sword away, but you should notice that it was glowing white. If you see the glow, then ISG has been activated.
- Go up to a source of damage.
- Perform a crouch stab, and have your shield take damage such that the recoil of being hit interrupts your crouch stab.
- Very quickly release R so Link returns to a standing position. If his sword is glowing, then ISG has been activated.
- Sheathing your sword or swapping to a different weapon will not cancel ISG.
- Any weapon that can perform a crouch stab can be used to activate ISG. This includes Deku Sticks and the Great Fairy's Sword.
- If you want to draw your sword and keep ISG active, backflip and press B while in the air.
The following actions will disable ISG, returning Link to a normal state:
- Crouching (i.e. taking your shield out without holding Z/L)
- Taking damage that interrupts movement
- Swinging your sword or a Deku Stick
- Jumping to climb onto an object
- Leaving an area
- Performing a ground jump
- Opening a door
- Putting on a transformation mask
Last updated 11/08/2011